Thursday, September 22, 2022

New RGB Software

After my last post on RGB, you would think I was cured of all this RGB nonsense and would move on. Not so fast, buttercup! I have a Corsair T220 blah blah case with a glass panel just built to show off your RGB nightmare. With no RGB going on, you would think I would be happy? Nope, I found the entire situation boring. It's because of that glass panel. It kind of makes a statement. Look at me! See what I got!

Anyways, as if I didn't have enough issues with RGB, I needed (I didn't really need, but it sounded like a good excuse) more ram and so I bought a 2-channel kit of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2x16) DDR4 2933 (PC4 23400). Yeah, more RGB.

In any case, After the ram was in, I set the iCUE software on the ram and fans to the watercolor effect, but because Mystic Light doesn't offer any effects even close, other than one of the rainbow effects which I find too garish for my taste, I had that set to something close, using the CPU temperature effect. This was rather pointless as my CPU never gets up to the minimum temp of 50°C and as there is no way to lower this minimum, the colours never change.

After looking at this for a few days, I decided to blow away Mystic light and the entire MSI BS of crap they want installed in MSI Center, and I installed openRGB. I also ended up blowing away iCUE because openRGB does so much more with the effects plugin. This was easier to set up than what I thought it would be and I even made my own profile design using the iCUE water colour as an inspiration. The nice thing with openRGB is that I can get the MSI RGB and the Wraith Spire RGB to sync with the Corsair RGB. While it's not perfect, it looks far superior to what I could accomplish with what is supposed to be "professionally" made software.

So, the RGB is back and looking great and much better than what I could accomplish with the software provided by Corsair and MSI.

No comments:

Post a Comment