Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Too Hot or Just Toasty

 So, I have a personal issue (I probably have more than one but lets just talk about this one particular one today) where I am concerned about the heat being generated by my computer. Let's face it, 82 degrees Celsius is almost hot enough to boil water with and that's what my GPU runs at when I play "The Forest". I run it at medium, because that is what it was set at when I first installed it. I suppose I could run it at a lower resolution and at lower settings to get the temperature down but I am a visually obsessed with getting the best visual experience possible. I have other games that barely hit 50 C but this one and "Planet Crafter" both tend to turn my PC into a portable heater. I have a feeling it's something in the game engine but I get upset knowing that the computer runs this hot when playing those two games,

I was running MSI Afterburner to down volt my video card but that caused major issues. So I uninstalled it and I am back on Adrenalin. High temperatures really concern me but so does a fan screaming at 100%. I'm just gonna let Adrenalin control everything and if the card blows up, it will give me an excuse to get a new RTX nVidia card.

I played around with fan curves and video card settings but I give up. Different case fan speeds made no difference so I set fan voltage to five volts and that makes my computer quiet at idle at least. As far as the high gaming temps well, I will just deal with it for now. If it wasn't good, I am sure that the card would show signs of throttling. Once winter comes, it won't be as much of an issue and I will probably appreciate the extra heat. Just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment