Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Microsoft, Please Stop!

 For the third time in a row this month, Microsoft has tried forcing 365 down my throat. Its software I don't need or want so please stop trying to trick me into trying it out with your "optimize windows for your device" crap. I was using a spread sheet a month ago but the need is gone and now the only software I am using for writing is Jarte. I was using Libre Office but it has the same issue that Office has. Constantly reminding me as soon as I make a spelling mistake to correct it. Stop The F**k Right Now!

I hate it when I get on a roll and the creative juices are flowing and I just want to get crap down before I lose it. Oh no, you made a spelling mistake oops there's another one, wait you need to correct that. O.M.G. Just stop already, I'll check it later, those mistakes aren't going any where and when I do finally run a check, I am sure I'll find them.

Well, Microsoft, you've pushed me to where I removed Windows 10 Pro off my "Too old for Windows 11" computer and installed Manjaro. The benefits were immediate. Firstly, my computer now boots in seconds instead of minutes. And all the Microsoft nags for Edge and 365 are gone. Same with linking my phone to my PC. My cell phone isn't for day to day use and I have no desire to link it. It's for EMERGENCIES, not for hiding crap from other people or playing games or whatever. It's for if my landline goes down due to a power failure or a network failure and that's it. Why the hell would I want to link it to a device that will probably be down when I use my cell phone?

Anyways, anything I used to do in Windows 10, I can now do in Manjaro, and much faster so thank you MS for pointing me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment