Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Fickle as F...

 If anyone is actually reading or following my blog, which I doubt, you know that I can change my mind on the drop of a hat. Go ahead, drop your hat and see what happens. Regardless, I decided after a really nightmare session screwing around with Lutris (google it) and trying to get The Sims 4 to work with Manjaro, I changed OS to Windows 10 again because at least I can get the games I want to work without spending all my time trying to get it to work.

Oh, I can get the Sims game to work but that's as far as I could get, a reboot resulted in Lutris going for a s**t and having to download all the game files again. I said it before and I'm saying it again, if you want to play games designed for Windows, then just use Windows, and the same goes for games designed for Linux, if you like to play games designed for Linux, then use Linux.

TO me, its pretty obvious what the F up is, with lutris, you have your Origin folder and then you have your users, and inside there is your c: drive. WTF, no wonder origin says you don't have the game installed. Anyways, its all good, if you want to waste some time screwing about, go for it but I don't really care, it was an exercise in futility and I am over it now, it's not like I don't have legal copies of Windows, so goodbye Manjaro and Linux in general and back to Windows. This is why I have an old F around with cause it don't matter computer in the first place. Ok, enough for now, lets go play!

No comments:

Post a Comment